The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences’ D.I.C.E. Cannes event will take place 9-11 September 2018 at the Hotel Barrière Le Majestic Cannes in France. Leading video game executives will participate in the premier networking opportunities, listen to key speakers address the conference theme - Trailblazers - to tackle some of the industry’s biggest ideas and trends.
click here to register
Newly announced speakers include:
- Craig Duncan, Studio Head at Rare – Duncan will share his studio’s experience and learnings with “A Rare Voyage of Adventure.” Duncan will provide insight into Rare’s bold new IP Sea of Thieves, a game that has inspired friendships and players creating stories together.
- David Hubert, Animation and Cinematic Director at Eidos Montreal – In Hubert’s talk he will discuss how cinematics are redefining AAA story-driven games and how they will continue to shape the medium to push the envelope throughout the production process.
- Adam Orth – In a session titled “Digging for Fire: Virtual Reality 2018” Orth will examine VR’s current (and healthy) embryonic state, why VR technology remains a critically important and vital creative canvas for the future of interactive entertainment and why he will never stop creating for the medium.
- Jurgen Post, President, International Partnerships (Europe) at Tencent – In a Fireside chat, Post will share insight on the different ways to work with global game company Tencent. He will go over the various initiatives and opportunities to forge a lasting, beneficial partnership.
- Swen Vincke, CEO of Larian Studios – It took Larian Studios almost 20 years to find its audience. In Vincke’s talk, “The Importance of Respecting Your Players” he will focus on the importance of treating players with respect, how to translate that into process and how it leads to more motivated teams and better game design using examples from Larian’s history.
The conference will reprise its popular roundtable sessions, where executives have a chance to debate, analyze and generate focused solutions amongst their brightest peers in a private, intimate setting. Click here to read about the Roundtable experience.
D.I.C.E. is famous for its key networking opportunities, where attendees delve into the day’s most exciting talks and discussions. Included in the price of the conference pass to all attendees is a tour of nearby Saint-Honorat Island, cocktail hours and evening parties for a chance to unwind and connect with attendees.
2018 D.I.C.E. Cannes regular registration rates end 27 August.
view more information on speakers view the full press release